So you bought yourself a brand new MacBook Air and you got that restore usb key that comes with it. Now that little key is locked by default and can’t be used for regular files. But there is a way to unlock it! It is actually very simple all you have to do is put the stick in the computer, and run this program:
When it is done download, extract the contents to a folder anywhere, your desktop might be most convenient. After that just follow these instructions (We are not responsible for any damages you cause to you device or computer if anything is to go wrong which it shouldn’t if you follow the instructions):
- Run the program sm32Xtest.exe, if you are using windows vista or windows 7 run it as administrator.
- Plug the Restore Thumb Drive into your computer.
- Click on scan even if it shows up immediately still click on scan.
- Hit start and wait for it to give you a green OK above the start button.
- Now the drive should be formatted in a FAT format which you can reformat to any file system you like. Enjoy!